Thursday, January 16, 2014

1/25

We are going to be incorporating mainsite, CrossFit.com, workouts where possible. Why, you ask?
1. It is always a good source of workouts for building capacity
2. Greg Glassman has been doing the programming lately and he knows a thing or two
3. This from Crossfit.com: "For those of you reading tea leaves there has been plenty of foreshadowing of Open, Regional, and Games movements on the Main Page in the months leading up to prior Games seasons. Might wanna pay attention. Just sayin’…"


WOD: 5 Rounds
20 Ring Dips
14 Thrusters 135#/95#

Strength: Squats
A. Build to a 1 RM Front Squat
B. 7 x 5 Back Squat: Goal is to use the same weight for all 7 sets

***WOD comes first today!!! It is our priority because we are trying to focus on building capacity for the Open! So your strength numbers probably won't be PR's but we do them to help maintain what we have and the 7 x 5 BS is great for developing volume with heavy weight.****

3 comments:

  1. Another rough day...the WOD took me forever at 21:15. I am not great at thrusters and had to do only 65#. Had to do dips with a band. I know you hate the band, but I didn't know what else to do.
    Still just feeling blah. Going in this week for some blood work to check in on adrenals and thyroid stuff to make sure nothing (new) is going on with them.

    Strength:
    A. 1RM was 105#. Have never tested my front squat before, so I don't have anything to compare this to.
    B. 7 x 5 Back Squat - I used 100# for all 7 sets (my 1RM is only 140#). The first three sets felt good, almost went up in weight. But the last two reps of the remaining four sets were slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great WOD. Dreaded doing it, however, felt great once I was done. It took me a little while to get through all 5 rounds as I am not very good at Thrusters and ring dips. Did 95# thrusters and the first two rounds of ring dips before adding the black band. Which made it a little too easy. But I was not reaching the right depth, towards the end of round two, so I needed to add the band. Finished in 26:51.

    strength- FS did 170#
    Back squats-155#, these really started to feel heavy. Legs were definitely burning by the time I left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this WOD a few weeks back at BCCF - they capped it at 25 mins, so I got through all 5 rounds of ring dips, but didn't quite finish my Thrusters. Did the first round and a half of ring dips strict, then changed to kipping for half of 2nd and 3rd rounds then I added a red band for the 4th and 5th rounds.

    I rested on Saturday and did Fridays WOD on Sunday (along the the squats). So...

    15-12-9-6-3 of C2B, Clean & Jerk (95#), push-ups done in 14:23
    I tried to butterfly my C2B and towards the end was getting about 3 at a time, so that is improving at least. The Jerks felt heavy and so did the push-ups after the Jerks.

    Worked up to 165# on the FS - no knee sleeves or lifters
    Then did my 5x7 at 145# - no knee sleeves or lifters. It didn't feel too awful as I was doing it, but today (Monday) I am SORE! I guess that's what happens when you stop squatting so much, or maybe it's just the 7 sets - yikes!

    ReplyDelete