Sunday, February 9, 2014

2/14


WOD 1: CrossFit Total
1 RM Back Squat
1 RM Strict Press
1 RM Deadlift
* I recommend doing it in that order, or complete it in the same order as the last time you did the Total and compare*

WOD 2: 21-15-9
Squat Snatch 95#/65#
C2B

Here is an article from former Navy Seal and CrossFit Games competitor Josh Bridges. He talks about having bad days in the gym and some strategies that will help you get out of the rut and headed in the right direction again. Here is a quick list of his strategies:

1. Do what you do best: "If you’ve been having a string a bad days, the best way to break that streak is to do something that you KNOW you can do pretty well. "

2. Change your mindset: "Realize that going to the gym should be fun. Most of us aren’t going to the Olympics, and we don’t have professional scouts on our doorstep offering to make us millionaires. So have some fun in the gym!"

3. Stop feeling sorry for yourself: "Do not walk into a workout feeling sorry for yourself. If you tell yourself a workout is going to suck . . . well, I bet you’re going to be right. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy."

4. Circle back: "Once you get back into a positive mindset and you’ve made training fun again, circle back and tackle those workouts that were causing you such grief."

3 comments:

  1. Crossfit total: Back Squat - 205# (PR)
    Strict Press- 95#
    Dead lift- 280# (PR)
    Total= 580

    WOD 2: Completed in 10:43
    My snatches felt great. I know it was only 65#, but I don't think I have ever had them feel so great. Technique was there today. C2B, felt great too. All in all really enjoyed today's workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - awesome on the PRs, and the second WOD! That's a lot of C2B to get through :).

    Did the comp class today. I want to do the CF Total, because I have never done that before, I'll see if I can work it in this next week after a rest day.

    We worked out at Red Rocks - lots of fun!
    Did a team workout with sandbags -
    Run up 1/3 of the way, do 20 squats, run up another third, do 20 squats, run up the last third and do 20 squats. Run back to the bottom, then repeat with Power Cleans, OHS and Push Press.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - totally awesome on your PRs!
    Liz - I saw the pics of you guys at Red Rocks...it looked like a lot of fun!

    WOD 1: Crossfit Total
    Back Squat - 135#
    Strict Press - 65# (5# PR!)
    Deadlift - 165# (10# PR!!!)

    Total is only 365# and my back squat went down 5#, BUT I realize I haven't been working on squats as much and I have been working on my shoulders a bit in accessory work. The deadlift, I think a lot of that had to do with adjusting my stance, so thanks to Liz and Micah for that!!!

    I worked out with the hubs today and he wanted me to point out that even though I was disappointed about my squat, I didn't dwell in it. I shook it right off and didn't let it affect my other two lifts! : )

    WOD 2: 12:48
    Snatches felt great the first round and then got heavy the next two rounds.
    I did strict RR instead of C2B.

    Not a bad day!

    ReplyDelete