Sunday, May 11, 2014

Monday 5/12

Lifting: 
a. EMOM x 10: 1 Squat Snatch
b. 5 sets: 2 Clean Pull + 1 Hang Squat Clean (bar starts right below knee)
c. Back Squat: 7 x 5

As you can tell, there is no prescription for percentages. Here is some advice from Glenn Pendlay for choosing weight:
"attempt to work as heavy as possible, but no heavier than a weight that you have consistently good form using...It is easy to get carried away adding weight and ruin the position or tempo of your lifts, it is also easy to be too cautious, and not try hard enough to add weight to the bar.  To minimize mistakes in either direction, I recommend the following:  After each exercise, think about how many lifts you were happy with, and demonstrated good position and tempo with, and how many you either missed outright, or demonstrated poor technique with.  Out of every 10 lifts, 7 or 8 should be good lifts.  2-3 can be misses or lifts you are less than happy with... if you consistently do 10 out of 10 perfectly, you could probably stand to push the weight up a little harder.  If you consistently do 5 good lifts against 5 bad ones, you probably need to back off a bit."

Gymnastics: 
A. MU Progression work
B. 7 x 5 Unbroken C2B: Rest :30 between sets

WOD: AMRAP 20
10 Strict HSPU
20 Strict Pull-ups
10 GHD Sit-ups

2 comments:

  1. Lifting:
    a. EMOM x 10: 1 Squat Snatch - did 2 at 105#, 6 @ 115# and 2 @ 120#. I have been doing so much work from the hang, that it took me a few reps to remember how to pull from the ground!
    b. 5 sets: 2 Clean Pull + 1 Hang Squat Clean - did 2 @ 125#, 2 @ 145# and 1 @ 155#. Ironically, I PRed my FS at 190# on Friday and getting out of the bottom of the 145# and 155# cleans felt tough today!
    c. Back Squat: 7 x 5 - 2 @ 155#, 3 @ 165# and 2 @ 175#

    Gymnastics:
    A. MU Progression work - did 3 rounds of the 3 exercises from Outlaw
    B. 7 x 5 Unbroken C2B: Rest :30 between sets - totally missed this somehow!! I'll do them another day.

    WOD: AMRAP 20
    10 Strict HSPU
    20 Strict Pull-ups
    10 GHD Sit-ups

    Only got through 3 rounds of this - my strict HSPUs took a while, I could do 4 to start, then 2, then singles the rest of the way. The strict pull-ups were slow too - 5 to start, then smaller sets after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting:
    a. EMOM x 10: 1 squat snatch...I warmed a lot for these. My snatch has not felt good lately, shoulders feel weak and I haven't been comfortable dropping under the bar again. Jordan did this workout with me today. He saw me struggling with the squat. He said, "don't be scared, just drop". I don't know how, but something started clicking and I started feeling REALLY comfortable with these (although I had to scale back on weight to get started). I did 2 @ 55#, 4 @ 60#, 2 @ 65#, 2 @ 70#...I think 75# is the most I've ever done with a squat snatch, so I felt a little better working up to 70#.

    b. 5 sets: 2 clean pull + 1 hang squat clean - I did 85# across...my front squat is not great, that was the hard part of this for me, getting out of the bottom of the squat.

    c. Back Squat: 7 x 5 - I did 95# across, I didn't feel like I could add weight...squats are not feeling good. I feel like I have lost a lot of power from my backside, and I didn't have a lot to begin with.

    Gymnastics:
    A. MU Progression work - I skipped this today bc my wrists were pretty sore.
    B. 7 x 5 unbroken C2B - I could only do two unbroken for 4 sets. Jordan then recommended I use a band to get me through the last three sets of 5, so I did that.

    WOD: AMRAP 20
    Got through three rounds plus 5 HSPU...HSPU and pull-ups were kipping for me, but still slow going. Just felt tired by this point.

    Still playing around with the diet, Zone is definitely taking some getting used to and figuring out exactly how many blocks I need. 11 and 12 seem to be too few, but 13 seems to be too much. Today I followed 12, but I was starving in the middle of the AMRAP. Had a 2 block snack immediately after that, but was starving again before dinner. On rest days, I either don't want to eat anything or I'm constantly hungry...not as easy as it looks.

    ReplyDelete